BLOG – Barchip MATCHING AND MIXING GUIDE
Batching and Mixing Guide for Barchip’s Synthetic Fiber Reinforcement
Mixing Procedure 1 – For 2.5 kg, 3 kg and 5 kg BarChip Bags
- Determine the correct number of BarChip bags per batch.
- Add BarChip bags, “Bag and All”, to the empty truck mixer.
- Add initial batch water.
- Mix for one minute before adding dry materials.
- Add dry materials and mix for five minutes
Mixing Procedure 2 – For BarChip Pucks
- Add fiber pucks, sand and aggregates to the truck mixer using the conveyer belt.
- Add cement and water.
- Mix at full speed for 5 minutes.
- During transport use low rotation speed on truck mixer.
- Mix for 5 minutes at high speed on site
Mixing Procedure 3 – On Site Mixing
- Determine the correct number of BarChip bags per batch
- Ensure slump is a minimum of 120 mm before adding fiber.
- Ensure drum speed is set at maximum.
- Add BarChip mulchable bags to drum (10 kg/min).
- After loading, mix for one minute per m3 of concrete mix.
- BarChip fibers will not ball when mixed correctly.
- BarChip pallets can be stored outdoors, individual bags should be kept covered.
- Regular dose rates of 3 kg/m3 to 6 kg/m3 may reduce slump up to 20 mm.
- Packing can be supplied for automated deliver systems.
- BarChip fibers will not greatly affect finishing techniques.